Grounded

Grounded

Monday, August 23, 2010

Second Post - Pacing

My typical pattern is to start big, with loads of energy and then putter out as I approach my goal. Hiking (who am I kidding - walking) with me can be a challenge.....fast, slow, fast, slow.....stop. Repeat! It works, but I'm discovering there is a better way. I am learning to "pace" myself. To breath. To take time. To enjoy the sights along the way. While arriving at my destination is still important, I want to appreciate the journey.
There are so many things I want to include in my blog. So many topics, questions, insights, things I've learned and am still learning, however, I don't have to write them all at once.....whew.....what a relief! So, I'm settling my heart and mind and typing fingers. I'm breathing and have purposed to pace myself. I hope you don't get bored along the way. Stick with me and hopefully you'll find something that interests you while I share my journey.
Are you a pacer?

CLPCS

"Give wind and tide a chance to change"  Richard E. Byrd



A tranquil Parksville morning

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I've gone all the way to the beginning of your blog in order to get to know you better. Good stuff!

    I've felt this exact same way since beginning my blog in November. I'm not in my fifties yet so I don't have a lot of wisdom to offer, and I don't have much time at all, but still there is so much I want to say! So much I want to participate in and contribute to. Ah, but so very little time.

    Your blog really is an inspiration to me. Life after the "roaring twenties!?" Thank heaven, YES! :D

    ReplyDelete