Grounded

Grounded

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Seventh Post - Options

This morning I was greeted by the sun shimmering through my living room window. The brightness juxtaposed with the cool, crisp temperature, was indeed a cheery way to begin the day. Not quite summer, not yet autumn. I'm facing a weekend with NO plans. No appointments, no commitments. That, of course, leaves me with options. Shall I walk, shop, read, clean, visit, nap, cook, organize? Two consecutive free days seldom come my way and I feel gifted with the opportunity for choice.  Enveloped by contentment, peace, and calmness, I am mindful and grateful for all the options I have today. True to my "self", these options come with a profound sense of responsibility - that I not waste this opportunity for aloneness. After a busy week, filled with chatter, this lack of noise is saturating my being. I think I shall sit in silence for a while.

What do you do when you have alone time?
CLPCS


Come sit with me

3 comments:

  1. Silence is golden . . . silence and a grande, non-fat latte is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silence is golden. Enjoy it when you can. Close you eyes and relax If you have a nice balcony with sunshine, even better.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If silence is golden, I had a 18 carat day. It was awesome. I do have a balcony and it was the perfect blend of sunshine and the crisp coolness of fall. A definate recharge day.

    ReplyDelete