Grounded

Grounded

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thirty First Post - Evaluate

’10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do’: a Bloggiesta mini-challenge is being hosted by Hannah @ Word Lily 


Maw Books Blog

Better is Possible's (how true is that?) Self Evaluation:

1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight: 4/5
This is rather hard to evaluate because I'm not sure what results I'm anticipating. I enjoy blogging and am thrilled when people leave comments.
2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers: 3/5
 Oops, I thought my blog was about me. I will be more aware of my readers and their needs; or maybe it will still be mostly about me and my needs.....something worth pondering. Who am I blogging for?

3. You Must Not Scrape Another Blogger's Content: 5/5
None of this for me.
4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: 2.5/5
I'm pretty much at the side of the road, waiting for people to stop by. I'm getting ready to make a move.....I do post a link to Better is Possible on my Facebook account. (and then I feel like I'm bugging my friends - although no one is forcing them to go to the link.)
5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger: 4/5
 I have enough fun just being me. I have little desire to be someone else at this stage in my life. If anything I need to tone down the "real"
6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: 4/5
My goal has been to blog once a week and for the most part I've met that goal. Once I retire from my full time job, I'd like to blog a few more times a week. That is still a few years in the distance.
7. You Must Not Ignore SEO:  1/5
Honestly....I have never heard of SEO until this challenge. I shall be looking into this. Then I can decide if I'm lazy or not.
8. You Must Not Ignore Networking: 2/5
I'm working on this. I'm still primarily blogging for recreation and enjoyment so I'm networking slowly.
9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site:4/5
I think my blog is efficient and simple to navigate. Perhaps that is because I don't have an abundance of "stuff" on it. At this point I'm quite pleased with its ease of use as well as its presentation.
10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around: 5/5
LOL! Heck if I've got mud to throw, it won't be on the Internet! That's why I have a telephone, friends, and my mother!

That completes another mini-challenge and as soon as I label this post I shall click on Publish.

How would your blog rate?
CLPCS

2 comments:

  1. soo funny hahahaha
    Well if I find something I really would like on my blog someone put I tell people where I got it from.No info today is original. Even one's life is the same as someone elses otherwise how are we to relate to each others experiences and agree. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading everybody's response to this mini-challenge! Thanks for participating in the Bloggiesta.

    ReplyDelete