Grounded

Grounded

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thirty Eighth Post - Rebalanced

I have a burning need to cover over my last post 'Duped' with something more positive. My blog world feels out of balance: too much negative energy. In an attempt to re balance my place in cyberspace as well as my physical world, I offer my second post of the weekend.


It is stunningly beautiful in my part of BC today! Our place is about a 20 - 60 minute drive to Vancouver. Yup, traffic varies that much. We have a spectacular view of snow topped mountains (and a busy freeway, but hey today is about being positive). Our  mountains are a balance of pure white snow melting across  a canvas of  spectacular bright blue sky.  Today there is no rain. Today there are clear, crisp, rays of sunshine. The temperature is still low enough to kiss you with its cool freshness.

British Columbia mountains!


This afternoon my reverend took a short break from his studies to go for a walk  with me. How lovely, refreshing, and necessary for my soul! As we walked in silence, we could hear spring knocking on winter's door. Winter may fight back tomorrow, but for today....spring has won! 


Working hard to wake up!

As I sat down to write, my mind was pulled to the words in Philippians 4:8. Words given to memory long ago. "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."  New Living Translation (©2007)   And so I shall absorb the cleansing that comes with thoughts that are good, wholesome, pure, and honourable. As I prepare for a new week of work and all of its intensity....I will be mindful to think on 'these' things!
Ahhhh.....balance restored!

How do you re balance your life?
CLPCS


1 comment: