Grounded

Grounded

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Forty Fourth Post - Intentions

My intentions were good. Insightful, deep, meaningful, life changing blogs were going to be posted. There were plans to finish  start my income taxes, clean out the files in my office, dust, vacuum, try out new springtime recipes, take out my spring clothes/pack up winter clothes.... the list was long.

Intentions never materialized beyond the contemplative stage. I did manage to get to work every day. That was about it. No taxes, no cleaning and certainly no experimenting with new spring-like recipes; in fact no cooking at all unless Chinese takeout counts.

It's spring break in my school district and so I begin a week of not going to work. It is not out of character for me to cling to  my week away from school jealously; my alone time!   Activities that  allow me to recharge, re energize are selfishly (in the most noble sense of the word)  chosen and guarded. This year I've thrown caution to the wind..........WHOOHOO......

Everyday will be spent with a grandchild. I won't elaborate on the details of where, when and how many at a time. It's enough to post that I am sharing my week off with three amazing, beautiful, intelligent, fun, delightful and extremely ENERGETIC offspring of offspring.
  
Papa and Isaac - hand in hand.

Income tax will have to wait another week.  Dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning in general will be done in a cursory manner at best. Physical rest is being put on hold. I am going to play. I am going to grab all the hugs, cuddles and smoochy kisses within my reach.

I am Grandma Carol and I am blessed!

What are your plans for spring break?
CLPCS

Today's post is part of  JamWithMeThursdays  (yikes, I'm a day or too late) over at Faith Barista

9 comments:

  1. Lookinbg forward to 2 birthday celebrations tonight with most of the family.
    Wait for the snow to go to get started gardening.Spray trees with dormant oil.Dance 3 times.Have Chase for overnight....And be thankful my spring break is as long as I make it!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it girl!!!
    Family is the best.
    All the other things can wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, there's nothing quite like grandkids and sleepovers. One day I will have a spring break as long as yours.
    Lady, you're right....family first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today. Sounds like you're going to have a great week off. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is more important than sharing time with family and playing with children!

    Other things can wait, they don't matter too much, do they?

    Looks like it is going to be a lovely full of joy and laugh kin of week - Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a grand time! Enjoy the rest that being with loved ones brings and nothing beats playing during spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grandma Carol, Thank you for taking precious time out to share your shot of rest and faith. Family time is the best time and your loved ones are getting first dibs on you... what a blessing! So honored you jammed to share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy those moments because they grow so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete