Grounded

Grounded

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fifty Seventh Post - L

My Omie had a life like, large, lion named Leo who was perched on the top ledge of her red velvet armchair. If we behaved ourselves at Omie's she would take Leo down from the top of the chair and allow us to play with him. He was fun to play with alone; even better to play with when one or two of the cousins were together. Oh the fun we had with Leo. He was such a gentle Lion. He was ever so tolerant of our less than gentle play.






A Leo look a like!
 
Leo was kingly; down right regal,  and had quite the roar. He carried us on his strong back. We rode him back and forth, over and over again in Omie's living room. Leo had the most fabulous comforting feel (and smell). He brought us seemingly endless joy and left us with many dear memories.


My Omie died twenty years ago today.
I still miss Omie a lot!

Leo now resides with relatives on the Sunshine Coast.
He continues to be quite the Lion!

Happy L Day!
CLPCS

6 comments:

  1. Long Live Leo the Lion.!! lol

    I had a bear once I got from the tooth fairy. He was huge and used as my pillow. He told me stories at night to put me to sleep and I slept with him for 18 years till he could not be sewn up anymore and then he disappeared as mysteriously as he had appeared, 18 years before.He was my best friend and he led my mind into beautiful dreams away from tears, and parents and schools and friend problems.There was nothing I couldn't tell him and he always had the right answers for me.Everyone should have have a friend like that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy L Day to you as well! What a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really nice post. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/162578.Bren_Brown

    The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

    I think this book is good for the type of work that you do.I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm giving out awards for the A-Z challenge participants and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Inspiring Blog Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra
    PS. Your blog just pulled on my heartstrings. I love kitties, whatever type, it doesn't matter. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Deirdra, thank you. I'm honoured to receive this award.

    ReplyDelete