Grounded

Grounded

Monday, April 25, 2011

Sixty Sixth Post - U

U for Ukulele of course!

A small instrument that packs a big punch. My rather lengthy and ongoing career in education began in the very late 70's as a music educator. The school district I taught in was a big proponent of the ukulele as a tool to teach music literacy and musicianship.


No one has quite represented our school district as well as Mr. Luongo alias Mr. Ukulele. Here's a clip of the world travelled Langley Ukulele ensemble performing The Flight of the Bumble Bee. Nope you're not hearing/seeing things; this IS a ukulele ensemble. 

                                                                                                   
I have long since shifted from music educator to school counsellor, but  my love of music continues. I see its  value  as a therapeutic tool, but mostly love it  for the  pleasure, peace, joy, delight it brings to my life.

Happy U Day!
CLPCS

2 comments:

  1. Last year in a fixated evening I watched this and every Ukulele video I could find on YouTube. The more I watched, the greater appreciation I gained for the artists who master this instrument.


    Hope you join us in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post on Monday May 2nd.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music, too. I recently started taking piano lessons (I just turned 62). It's a blast, hard, but fun.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete