Grounded

Grounded

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fifty Eighth Post - M





 is for Mother.
Although it's not quite Mother's Day. It's never the wrong time to honour mothers. Please enjoy the following quotes. 

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.  ~Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.  ~Jane Sellman

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.  ~Pearl S. Buck

If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been.  ~Robert Brault,
www.robertbrault.com


A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.  ~Author Unknown

 
Sweater, n.:  garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.  ~Ambrose Bierce

 
Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

(Quotes taken from Quote Garden - Mothers)

Happy M Day!
CLPCS

8 comments:

  1. Mothers can be celebrate every day you're right - The quotes are lovely and really express how sweet and gentle mums are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one:

    Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly

    Hehehe! I'm not a mother yet, but I keep hoping that I can be half as good at it as my mom is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my Mum to cancer and MS when I was still a teenager. I think I missd her most when I was preparing to get married, years later - I'd always thought of Mum and me having 'girly' shopping trips to sort out dresses and veils and all that stuff.

    I'm pleased to say that my own daughter indulges her mother and we have many, many 'girly days' out shopping or to the theatre. I'm so lucky she only lives about 10 minute's walk away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just great - thanks for sharing
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! Loving the various quotes.

    I really like your blog, so I want to give you an award I am to pass on, the Versatile Blogger Award. You can either go here ( http://books-old-and-new.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-are-cool.html ), or click on my name to go to my blog, to accept, if you choose to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweater one cause this really rings true I chase my guys around and they run away telling me they are hot lol
    Then they catch cold.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quotes, and a very touching post. Great choice for M!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes!

    Nice to meet you through the A-Z challenge! Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete