Grounded

Grounded

Monday, April 18, 2011

Sixtieth Post - O

Ordinary:

1. commonplace; unexceptional
2. plain or undistinguished
3. mediocre
4. customary; usual; normal: We plan to do the ordinary things this weekend.

Since when did ordinary become something bad. Something to scoff or shun. In my fifties, I find myself more often longing for the ordinary. I don't need spectacular, razzle-dazzle, fabulous, the best; just give me ordinary. I'll take an ordinary day; unexceptional, plain, undistinguished, and normal - thank you very much!

Today I am going to notice delight, joy, and peace in the ordinary.

Sometimes ordinary IS better.

Happy O Day!
CLPCS

4 comments:

  1. here here !

    Hooray for the ordinary out there !

    RJRDaydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its nice to be in ordinary well known surroundings in your comfort zone.
    Somtetimes living on the edge is common and ordinary to a person and doing something else thats ordinary is not so ordinary lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. Sometimes ordinary can be so refreshing, and besides, it helps you appreciate when things aren't ordinary.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with RJR, hooray for the ordinary! Great post for O. :)

    I have to say too, I love the flowers at the top of your blog, they make me smile every time I visit. Beautiful picture! :)

    ReplyDelete