Grounded

Grounded

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Eightieth Post - Wednesdayhodgepodge

Welcome to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. It's hosted by Joyce at From This Side of Pond. Head her way and take a peek. Even better yet, link up your own answers and join the fun!



And now, here are the questions along with my responses for this week's Hodgepodge...
1. What is something about living in this country that you value? 'This country' is whatever country you call home.
The beauty. From coast to coast to coast Canada has some of the world's most beautiful scenery. The majestic mountains, the powerful oceans, the lakes, the flatland of the prairies - a photographer's delight!


Vancouver - Beach, Ocean, Mountains!

2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white, and/or blue?
My Canadian flag (of course its minus the blue).


3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays?
I have a wooden flag that marks the address at my retirement home in the Okanagan. When I was still living there I flew my Canadian flag high and proud year round. Once I've retired and move back 'home' I shall fly the Canadian flag again. In the mean time we live in an apartment at the West Coast and are not permitted to fly a flag - drat those strata rules! I would if I could.

4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket?
Wine, chocolate and a cozy blanket.

5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term.
Can't even think of one! How's that for post menopausal brain?

6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh?
Yes and ooh!

7. What is one thing you know for sure?
I am loved!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My Vancouver Canucks are in the Stanley Cup Finals. Go Canucks GO!



Are you a hockey fan?
CLPCS

15 comments:

  1. there certainly are some great photo opps in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada is beautiful I'd like to see the Western part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Canadian by birth...Newfoundland to be exact. My family is going on an Alaskan cruise later this summer. We're going to stop in Canada, and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Canucks!! I so wish I could watch that final tomorrow. But I´ll be online checking the score, you can be sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some day I'd love to travel around Canada. I really want to see the big mall in Edmonton! I think the Canadian flag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canada is an absolute must for us and we shall definitely be travelling there in the next year or two. It looks so beautiful.
    Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
    It is so nice here that I've signed up to follow you. Looks like a lovely place to spend some time.
    Delighted to have 'met you'.
    Warm wishes from a very grey, dreary UK - I wonder if I could emigrate to Canada - nah! They'd probably close all the borders if they knew I was coming :)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picnic items. Picnics are on my summer gotta do list. I'm working on my list and will have it posted soon. I love my motorcycle. So much fun. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only been to Canada once but I loved it! It was summer and the weather was perfect. Probably won't see me up that way in winter though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that picture of Vancouver is beautiful! I hope to go there someday, it's definitely on my list.

    Good luck to your Canucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't forget a good book with your picnic, either! And I have to say, congrats on your Canucks, but they beat my Hawks, so I have to root against them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Canadians are in my personal opinion the nicest people I've ever met. I very nearly left South Africa to go live in your country. I even learned to speak French, the Canadian people I mentioned this to thought I was nuts though, not about immigrating but about going to the trouble of learning French, ha, ha. I like your country and people. God bless Canada, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As if I didn't already want to go there enough!
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. You say Wednesday is your only hodgepodge day? In that case, Wednesday is every day in the land of the Bear.

    When we had our house, I flew a Canadian flag all the time. Now that we're apartment dwellers (nouveau cave dwellers) there is no place to hang a flag.

    And the Canucks won game one of the Stanley Cup final; they scored the only goal with about 15 seconds left in the third period. Brilliant strategy — leaving your opponents virtually no opportunity to reply.

    BTW, my wife has a wonderful picture through the same driftwood as you have in your shot of the ship. Amazing coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carol! Thanks for entering my cookbook giveaway. Even though I'm not Canadian I'm enjoying Canada through my 9 adopted cousins with the Mennonite Girls Can Cook. I watched the Canucks game last night and I hope they win the cup! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been to Quebec, Montreal, and Vancouver and loved it!

    I used to be Hockey fan--the Flyers. But now I've gotten out of it and more into baseball for some reason.

    ReplyDelete