Grounded

Grounded

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Seventy Fifth Post - Hodgepodgewednesday

Wednesday hodgepodge really intrigued me during the A - Z challenge and I've decided to give it a try.
It's hosted by Joyce at From This Side of Pond. Head her way and take a peek.
                             
And now, here are the questions along with my responses for this week's Hodgepodge...

1. How many times in your life have you moved house?
I've moved fourteen times in fifty four years.

2. What subject would you study if you had a year to devote to it?
Play therapy in relationship to behavioural change linked to attachment disorder leading to detachment et al! oh what the heck, throw in a bit of bullying interventions as well.

3. What in this world breaks your heart?
Heartbroken children/young adults. Hopelessness in our youth.

4. What is one item that symbolizes the times in which we live? Why?
Facebook.....my children communicate more to me via FB than they do via phone or in person.

5. Share a favorite bumper sticker or t-shirt slogan.
The only one I can think of is not very nice....it's not my favorite, but one I've remembered: Your child isn't special they're just stupid. Wow, I used to laugh at that and not it makes me angry.

6. How do you like your spaghetti?
Long, thick and just a tiny, tiny, bit crunchy.

7. What is one piece of advice you would give a recent, or soon to be recent, graduate?
Call your mother more often.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was so anxious to participate in this event, I found it difficult to settle down and give some meaty, profound answers. Instead you got pithy. This was fun and I guess I needed some fun this morning.

Go, Canucks Go!
CLPCS

12 comments:

  1. Ha-the HP is always just a little bit tricky. We think the answers are obvious when we read the questions but somehow we have to think when it comes time to actually answer : ) So glad you played along today!

    Interesting answer to #2-are you in this field now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not come across Hodgepodge Wednesday before. It looks fascinating. I may give it a try. Play therapy sounds fascinating and I know what you mean about Facebook. My daughter says she always knows what I'm doing because of my Twitter chats. I've got to disagree with you on the spaghetti though. I like mine soft and covered in tomato sauce (pomodorino style)basil and Parmisan cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were very interesting responses. I especially liked the advice to graduates!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. great answers...it's funny how we change our minds about things through the years...kind of like our tastes in foods. still praying my daughter will one day like asparagus...hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I liked your answers. Luckily for me I don't have to call my mom that often because I still live with her and we talk all the time. I rather like living with my mom. It is very comforting. But that's just me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy the Hodgepodge. I often think I don't have answers, but I always seem to come up with them! It's fun to share and "meet" new friends. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love your answer to #7 and thank goodness, both of my children do, often!

    Enjoyed stopping by and wishing for you a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pithy. Your answers made me smile, especially Nr. 7. I love that! Good advice.
    I love to get to know fellow Canadians, so I will be your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - it might take me a year to understand your answer!!!

    I need to send your #7 to my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Hodgepodge!! It's so much fun that you will be addicted before too long!

    You know, my school is having a bullying problem right now. In fact, we discussed what can do next year to be proactive about it.

    Loved your answers! Hope you continue to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've seen Hodgepodge before, looks like fun. I enjoyed reading your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joyce - yes I do work in this field. It's along story but in 2006 I completed an MA in Counselling Psychology. I am now a registered clinical counsellor and am employed as a middle and elementary school counsellor. I also have a small private practice. I largely use play therapy, which is the connection to my #2 answer.
    Hi Rosalind - this HP is fun. My plan is to participate again next week.
    Hi Karen - thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment.
    Hi Skoots - Yup, my mind has changed a lot over the years and in most cases for the better.
    Hi Murees - How nice that you can live with your mom. I suspect my mom will come and live with me at some point. For now I call her as much as I can (and I'm WAY past my graduation from college days!)

    ReplyDelete