Grounded

Grounded

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Eighty Fourth Post - Awards

It's a sunny Sunday morning. A good time to pass on a couple of blog awards to five people and hope they each will do the same for five more bloggers. The awards were given to me by Grammy @ Blabbin' Grammy  Treat yourself and head over to her blog, She's got heaps of wisdom and bushels of common sense. Thanks for the awards Grammy!  





Here are the requisite seven facts about myself



  1. I'm the second of four children.
  2. My siblings are all boys, making me the only girl.
  3. I'm turning 55 in less than a month and will qualify for the senior's discount at select stores.
  4. I have three children, three step children, one step daughter in law, one step son in law, one ex daughter in law, one soon to be daughter in law and seven grandchildren.
  5. My first husband died in 1978. He was killed on a motorcycle nine months and one day after our wedding, July 29, 1977.
  6. My second husband and I were married for twenty four years and share the aforementioned three children and one grandchild.
  7. My third and current husband (my reverend) are blessedly in love and will celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary in November. 
If the following bloggers would like to, please pick up your awards and continue to pass them on.


A Lady's Life 
 Ann Best's Blog (at her new WordPress site)
  Me, My Muse and I 
   Lynne's Little Corner of the World  and
    Hopelessly Hopeful


Whew, this award thing is hard work. I'm off to enjoy a beautiful Sunday with my reverend. But first, a cup of coffee!


Happy Sunday to you all,
CLPCS

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations with the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the awards.

    Also, I really love the blog header pic. So Canadian in several ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the awards. They are appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great job with the awards, and I love your statement on leadership philosophy. I so agree with it, as a retired teacher, it is a challenge to teach and to learn...
    I enjoyed reading the facts about your life, as well.
    Best regards to you,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and hope you enjoyed a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, dear Carol, for the lovely award. I probably won't follow through right now, I'm so boggled with book promotion and several other things besides taking care of Jen!

    Age 55! You're a young one!! Yes, I thought when I turned 55 that was one benefit: senior discounts at many places.

    Oh, do enjoy your reverend. It sounds like you love him so much. Maybe if I were a bit younger I'd pursue a third husband, especially if it was as wonderful as yours sounds!

    Take care, and thank you again. I'm so touched that you thought of me.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your awards! I enjoyed reading your facts and learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always like getting to know other bloggers better. The senior discount is a nice advantage that I usually forget to ask for. However, sometimes they automatically give it to me which I guess means I look like a senior. Don't know if I should be all that happy about that!


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you!!!

    Oh my gosh, how awful about #5. That must have been so hard. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete