Grounded

Grounded

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ninety Fourth Post - Wednesdayhodgepodge


Welcome to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. It's hosted by Joyce at From This Side of Pond. Head her way and take a peek. Even better, link up your own answers and join the fun!




1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
Who am I kidding, we'd order pizza from Pizza Hut! Our apartment is in the midst of many, many restaurants, both fast food and eat in eateries. No need to stalk this fridge! At our okanagan home, we would barbecue. There are almost always burgers in the freezer.

2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?
My need to be understood. As hard as I work to 'not care' if people don't get me, it still hurts to be misunderstood.

3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
My love for family.

4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?
I don't have a usually. It depends on my mood when buying the card, and which card speaks to me. Sometimes funny, sometime serious, sometimes both!

5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
Definitely shell gathering.

6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
Nope!

7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
Shoe stores (shoe departments)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am surprised at how much I've missed writing new blog posts. We are into week three of individual grandchild visits and it's been next to impossible to get enough time in one sitting to string together a coherent post. I don't know how moms with little ones blog! Kudos to you all!!!!
I'm equally surprised at how much I miss my blogging friends and reading about your lives. I hope you are all having a wonderful summer and to my teacher friends enjoy the last weeks of summer vacation!


Happy Wednesday,
CLPCS

7 comments:

  1. my fridge is always well stocked because my son snacks hungry man meals have hit the spot this summer with my broken wrist
    My desire is to be free to be myself
    my love for the world and justice i wish would never change, nothing worse than apathy
    I send both fun and serious cards depending on the person. Shell gathering is nice. do double check stove and doors before leaving the house.People watching in stores and beaches is fun
    life is a beach. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I have twin grandbabies that live with us, so I can understand the not being able to blog. I do manage in between feeding, playing and washing. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree to your answer to Nr. 2. It does hurt and I care too.

    Your answer to Nr. 1 would have been mine too most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all that's going on for you, I'm very grateful that you had time to visit my site and leave a lovely comment! I can really empathize with your answer to #2 - it feels awful to be misunderstood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an awesome thing that you are doing by spending one-on-one time with each of your grandchildren. They will remember that, and cherish those memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have that time with the grands! I'll bet they've been having a blast.

    Oh, and good answers. Now I have something to blog about for one of these days soon. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okie-dokie, mine is done. You can take a peek right here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/08/quickie-q.html

    :O)

    ReplyDelete