Grounded

Grounded

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ninety Sixth Post - Blogoversary!

A year ago today I wrote my first ever blog post.



It's cliche, but I can't believe how quickly this year as gone by. My first post was about reading outside on what I thought was 'International Reading in Public Day'.  I've googled it to see if it's on this year and can't find anything other than 'International Read a Comic in Public Day'. Oops...looks like my inaugural post  was about a nonexistent day. Not to worry, I enjoyed the day; I got to read outside with my reverend and post about it! 

Today is a day of mourning in Canada as the leader of our opposition, the Honorable Jack Layton died of cancer earlier this morning. He was only 61 and his loss will be profoundly felt regardless of political persuasion.


Jack Layton News Story
‎"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton ~ 1950 - 2011 
Jack Layton's complete letter to Canadians 

It was my intention to have my hundredth post coincide with my blogoversay; close but not quite.This year I have made many new blogging friends. While I am not always as quick to respond to your comments as I'd like to be, I appreciate each and every comment and the time you took to leave it. I'm working on a quicker response time. Please be patient with me.

This blog, 'Better is Possible' is still a work in progress. There have been many topics I have yet to comment on, expand upon, rant about. I have enjoyed the process of writing and look forward to my upcoming hundredth post as well as another year of blogging. 

Thanks for making me feel welcome in this wonderful world of blogging!
CLPCS



8 comments:

  1. It is an interesting and fun world of blogging, so glad to be here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first blogoversay! It's always a joy to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first anniversary .. good for you - enjoy the coming year .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and Happy anniversary! 1 Year already! I am sure it has been an amazing journey. All the best for the next year.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! One year is good and you´re getting many comments already. My first year was very "silent". :) I´ll be celebrating 5 in Nov. and I¨m so glad I stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a pretty new reader of your blog, but I love it. Your optimism shines in everything you write and really, your blog's title alone was enough to win me over. Better really is possible.

    Congrats on your first bloggity year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first anniversary of blogging! I hope you hae many more such celebrations.

    And the loss of Jack Layton — what a sad development. A great man with a common touch — we are all diminished, as Canadians, by his passing.

    ReplyDelete