Grounded

Grounded

Friday, August 5, 2011

Ninety Third Post - Nomad

I've morphed into a nomad this summer. Perhaps not in the travelling around the world sense, but certainly in the state of mind sense.

I've made few concrete plans and had limited 'have-to' appointments. For the most part I'm just going with the flow, shifting with the tide. And...drum roll...I'm liking it!

Some of the things I've done so far this summer are:

  • gone to the Okanagan several times
  • had individual grandchildren visits; with more to come
  • floated down the Shuswap River on what can only be described as a raft that would rival the Star trek Enterprise
Star trek 3

  • been on four BC ferries
  • travelled to Powell River for a wedding
  • travelled through Comox, Courtenay, Parksville and Nanaimo
  • sat proudly listening through my reverend's first sermon since we've been married; more to come
  • visited Kamloops
  • thrown rocks into the Fraser River
  • visited with many good friends
  • experienced and really liked some new-to-me drinks and appies
  • planted and am watching my first tomato plant grow
Growing in a pot on my deck.  

  • had breakfasts, lunches and dinners with my family; at home and at some fun new restaurants
  • read to my hearts content

This blog was never intended to be a 'report' of my daily doings, but it seems to have moved on its own in that direction. I am loving the freedom of a summer of no plans. For a bit of a control crazed woman, this has been a surprise. Being me; fear seems to creep up on joy, and with the delight of summer freedom, comes the fear that I will not want to return to work in September. Hmm, it's only August 5th, I think I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Happy Weekend
CLPCS

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the ideal summer to me!
    And you have all the rest of August too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' it ! cant beat taking it one day at a time !


    RJR Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ShannonAnn; sounds like you're having a wonderful summer! Which is what we all should have. Autumn comes soon enough.
    Your "reverend's first sermon since we've been married"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds positively idyllic! How wonderful that you gave yourself such a gift this summer. May you enjoy every minute that's left of it and carry this sense of peace back into your working life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a lovely summer! good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please stop by my blog, I have an award for you.

    http://dailydramaofanaspiringwriter.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-award-and-you-guys-are-great.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. For some strange reason I felt better after writing about things like gender bias.
    I have trying to follow your blog, for some reason I cannot see the app still. I will keeptrying though.

    ReplyDelete