Grounded

Grounded

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

109th Post - Courage

“It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt

Poor me! I've been wallowing in the place called Pity, (alias overwhelmed). It's not a healthy place to be. I didn't consciously choose to settle here, it just sort of crept up on me. At any rate, here I am.

Uncovering perspective can be a challenge. I love a challenge! With shovel (laptop) in hand I began to dig. Once again I was in pursuit of perspective. Perspective about life's BIG questions. Perhaps perspective could restore balance, or at least release me from Pity?
         
I've been home sick for three days. Nothing serious; a cold, a low fever, the chills. As I toss about still pajama clad, I've had time to do some online 'screen' shopping, play solitaire, and catch up on some blog reading. In my pursuit of perspective the blog world led me to a powerful story of ongoing courage. 

How touching to discover a link to Leontien's Story.  Courage with a capital 'C'. My heart reaches out to Leontien and her family as she courageously battles a second round of cancer. 



Thank you to Sandie at Chatty Crone for sharing the link. 

Take some time to read Leontien's story. 



"Courage does not always roar,
sometimes courage is the quiet voice 
at the end of the of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow!"
                  Mary Ann Radmacher


Keep on fighting!
CLPCS

8 comments:

  1. You may lose a battle but not the war. lol
    You lose the war, only when you stop fighting.
    Hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for praying for her!
    My heart goes out to her. My kids are the same age – it used to be just older people like me – now all these young people are getting it. I hate it for them. What’s up with all this cancer?
    I hope you feel better soon!
    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I thought I was following you already - sorry I missed it - I am now.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about this young lady. It really had an impact on me today. I know what you mean about the young people getting it...seems so tragic.
    Thanks for following me.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's when I read tragedies and people challenges that I know courage can be found on the road. Never easy. Love your last quote, it says it all and thanks for sharing the link to Leontien's story.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote at the end. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean - finding yourself in an overwhelmed "woe is me" place and not really knowing how you got there, or what steps to take to get out. I think that has been my problem these past few months - but I was not able to articulate it as well as you.

    Take heart and be kind to yourself. Little daily steps help us to find the light of day once again.

    Hope this week is a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the link - I'm off to take a peek. And I hope that you feel better soon. And... just keep going and trying.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete