Grounded

Grounded

Saturday, January 21, 2012

124th Post - Saturday



The week of snow was beautiful. I loved the crispness of the sub zero temperatures. It helped balance my never ending hot flashes somewhat. It's Saturday and the snow has now changed to rain. Not surprising for the 'wet'coast of Canada.  

Much has happened this week. Not huge stuff, just regular stuff. Work continues to be busy; no shortage of clients when you work in three schools. 

Outside of work, I finally got this aging body off my couch and joined a gym, thanks to a niece and the pass she gave me for Christmas.
My workouts have been no longer than 40 minutes and I feel better already. I actually broke out into a sweat (that was not age induced) for the first time in years. My heart got a bit of a workout and elevated to 132...good to know it still has the capacity. The membership does NOT involve a contract; the month to month commitment is perfect. So far, so good. 

From:  A Touch of Heaven on Earth

I had a horrible blogging experience this week which involved commenting on a rather controversial blog post and getting slammed and mocked by the blogger; both on her blog and facebook page. Someone called me mean spirited! Ouch! 

 I learned that:
  • just because someone writes with sarcasm (humour?) and presents oneself as open minded; 
  • just because someone takes it upon themselves to dissect another person's ideas in public; 
  • just because someone asks for your opinion; 
             does NOT mean they want to hear your opinion.

It was an extremely frustrating, sad, and hurtful encounter. After considerable dialogue back and forth she never did understand my point, although she did accept my apology wrapped in one last attack on me and my writing style. Oh well, it's her stuff! 

That's what I get for venturing out alone into the big, bad, blog world! From now on I'm sticking closer to home. 

Enjoy your weekend,





9 comments:

  1. lol I think blogging is your world. This is a place for self expression, without an aim at hurting people.
    It is yours to express your thoughts and feelings in. If people want to read they are welcome and if they don't let them go read some one elses' blog.
    Every one is entitled to their opinion.There are many places I go I don't like but I don't make an issue.
    I feel good or bad, if it makes people talk and think then you've reached them and your work is done.lol

    I wouldn't worry about it. No one is perfect and I am sure they already put their foot into something that will come back and bite them in the ass too. lol The worst thing you can do is let it bother you.
    Enjoy the snow and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. It was a lesson well learned. Realized yet again, I'm not as thick skinned as some.

      Delete
  2. Carol - I think you must have hit a nerve and put the person on the defensive.
    It is never about being right or wrong. It's about discussion.
    You have an opinion. You said it and the other person has theirs.
    If you look at life, nothing is 100%.
    But it seems you showed yourself to be the better man first by apologizing and second by not running a campaign against this person.Sheesh! It's just an opinion. Get over it. lol

    I too sometimes express myself wrong or maybe not wrong but people just don't pay attention to what it is they wrote , that you are referring to.
    So they fly off the handle for no reason.
    So then it gets personal and this is not what it's supposed to be about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you got hurt by a blogger. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good. In hindsight I walked into a hornet's nest and poked. Silly me.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to learn that you've had such an unpleasant experience in the blogsphere. Those things can happen, though I have found most bloggers are pretty good-natured. And, as the Lady said, it is about discussion.

    Blessings and Bear hugs on the wet coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most importantly I joined the gym and feel so much better after a workout. It's wetter than ever today. Snow is about all gone. Back to flippers instead of mukluks. Blessings back at you!

      Delete
  5. Carol- hilary melton asked me to send this comment to your blog because she can't get through

    Hiya - only me again! I'm wondering if you could do me a favour - I can't comment on Carol's blog - and saw you can and did ..

    Could you please just add a comment on her blog - saying sorry that I cant' comment because she's got an embedded comment box - and Blogger is playing up for me .. and there's no email (nor do you!) .. so I can't comment that way:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hilary for taking the time to comment via Lady. I changed to the embedded comments because it's the only way I could figure out to use the new reply function with blogger. I wonder if others will also have trouble commenting. I may have to switch back. Again thanks for going out of your way to comment.

    ReplyDelete