It's been a while since I've posted anything meaty. I've been a sluggish blogger, choosing to settle with links and videos and the occasional book recommendation. I can't believe it's come to this. Many thoughts have come to mind, hovered, and floated away. I keep meaning to grab them and blog. Ah, the best intentions of Carol.
To get back on track I've decided to list some of the randomness that has occupied my blogging brain. Here goes, in no particular order:
- I started on Pinterest - can you spell addiction?
- Changed my header picture to something less wintry. No, it's not spring yet, but I just couldn't wait. FYI the picture is of a bench overlooking the North Sea in Scotland. R E L A X I N G.
- I'm thinking of giving up wine for Lent? How long is Lent? It starts today, right?
- Does anyone else in the evangelical tradition notice that Lent has become a big thing? It was certainly never practiced when I was growing up in the Baptist church, nor was it mentioned during my days in the Alliance. Why the sudden interest? Is it a craving for liturgy in otherwise non liturgical churches? Just wondering.
- My good son and his new wife hid a whole dog; Betty the Pug, from me, their landlord. I knew they had Pugsley, and last weekend I very generously gave my consent to let Betty move in. Unbeknownst to me, they've had Betty all along and cleverly hid her whenever I came to visit. Sneaky kids. Me thinks this 'good child' may no longer be the good child!