Grounded

Grounded

Saturday, January 5, 2013

148th Post - OneWord





One Word 365

Enough.

Yup that's my word. Enough. 

As in...
    I've had enough.
    That's enough.
    I don't have enough.
No not quite. 
              
More like...
   I am enough. 

Yes that feels better. 

As 2013 comes into focus: above me, below me, behind me, and in front of me, with its attempts to envelope me with pain, joy, urgency, immediacy...
As I am nudged to the edge with whispers of you can't, you won't; whispers increased to shouting if I dare to turn my back on them. Through those times my challenge will be to rehearse my word, believe my word...ENOUGH!

I am enough.

ENOUGH.

Not a word based on empty faith. A word anchored to Him.

It is enough this glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us. (Adapted from Colossians 1:9,10 The Message)

I know that I am enough because I am in Him. And He is is more than Enough. 

Because of Him I am enough.

Enough. 







4 comments:

  1. Well said. When have you ever not been enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how inadequacy can niggle away at confidence. I wonder if that ever completely goes away?

      Delete
    2. Enough is a great focus. I find Lady's' question negative though- and leading nowhere. If I were to post my word, no matter what is was ~patient, ~kind, ~joy, etc. Is that what I would get? (When were you not kind? Are you not a kind person?) Actually " I am enough" is my favorite mantra for meditation.

      Delete
  2. In a world which says, "More, more!" anyone who understands "enough" is very wise. As in we are enough and we have enough. Congratulations!

    Me? I felt things were getting warmer, so I stuck out my snout to see what's happening. Chatted with some lovely people, like you. But it's time to go back to hibernating.

    Blessings and Bear hugs in 2013!

    ReplyDelete